Chances are you installed a windows update to your server that caused this to occur. There was some in April and May 2016 time frame that were released.
Completing the post installation tasks will resolve the issue:
Microsoft Warns WSUS Users About Flawed KB3148812 Update
I dug for for a solution for this so I thought I would post my findings.
My systems were a huge delay when using copy and pasting in Excel 2013. My sheet wasn’t even complex.
Here are the things that I have found help.
- File/Options/Advanced/Disable “Automatically Flash Fill” and Disable Enable Auto complete.
- File/Options/Advanced/Display Disable hardware graphics acceleration
- Press Windows Key and U for Ease of Access Center.
- Go to “Use computer without a display”
- check the box “Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)”
That should help speed things up in Excel 2013 for you.