To make hibernation unavailable, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
- In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
I used these steps to free up about 15gb of space on my c drive!
I did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on a Sony Laptop today and when windows booted it would hang on this:
Setting up personalized settings Microsoft Windows Media Player
After reading some articles I found very few solutions that were workable to resolve.
Here is how to fix…
1. Do a hard reset
2. Boot into safe mode
3. Go to Control Panel–>Programs
4. On the left side select turn windows features on/off
5. Deselect all items
6. Click OK
Windows will now load properly.
1. Do all your windows updates,reboot if needed.
2. Go to Control Panel–>Programs
3. On the left side select turn windows features on/off
4. Select the items you would like to turn back on.
5. Click OK
Windows 7 should still work fine..