To make hibernation unavailable in Windows 7, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
- In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.
I used these steps to free up about 15gb of space on my c drive!
Use recovery partition to add space to C drive in Windows 10.
- First go to the application recovery drive.
- Create a recovery drive
- At the end of the process select to delete recovery partition.
- The head over to this link to download a free partition tool.
- First delete the volume for the old recovery partition, example drive E.
- Then right click on the empty volume and select MERGE Partitions.
- Select C and E to merge.
- Apply then you will get prompted to reboot.
I just did this process of a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and was able to add about 7.5GB to my C drive.